INTRODUCTION TO NUMBER THEORY I
Spring 2018, Wednesdays 5:10pm-7pm, WWH 517
Office hours : by appointment
Topics include: primes in arithmetic progressions, zeta-function, prime number theorem, number fields, rings of integers, Dedekind zeta-function, introduction to analytic techniques: circle method, sieves.
- Lecture notes
- Circle method: An invitation to modern number theory (Miller and Takloo-Bighash), Chapter 13; Additive Number theory (Nathason) sections 3 and 4.
- Homework after the lectures 1-2 (due by 7pm Wednesday 2/7).
- Homework after the lectures 3-4 (due by 7pm Wednesday 2/21).
- Homework after the lectures 5-6 (due by 7pm Wednesday 3/7).
- Homework 4 (due by 7pm Wednesday 4/11).
- Homework 5 (due by 7pm Wednesday 5/2).