Windows Platform Information
CIMS provides support to various Windows machines throughout the building. However, due to the high-maintenance nature of the Operating System, the systems group provides Windows support only for faculty and administrative staff, as well as the lab machines, which are available for anyone to use. The following links provide information for a variety of Windows concerns, including general maintenance, printing, mail, and remote access to your CIMS account and files.
Always login using the CIMSSAM domain option.
- Windows in public labs at CIMS
- Windows virtual lab (Windows on Linux)
- Changing your Windows password
- Your Windows profile
- Setting the PATH variable
- Information on viruses
Network Related Issues
- Mounting your CIMS home directory locally
- Mounting your CIMS home directory remotely via SSH-Tunneling
- Requesting network access for your laptop or PC
- Secure access to the CIMS servers from Windows
- Mapping a network drive in Windows
- Setting up an x-server for x-terminal emulation
- Access to Microsoft software through the MSDNAA program
- Software available on CIMS Windows PCs.
References and Resources:
Questions? Send email to email@example.com