Equipment Instructions for WWH109
- Desktop Computing
- Computer Labs
- Compute Servers
- Scanners, Copiers, Burning and Sending Faxes
- Classroom Facilities
- Frequently Asked Questions
The podium in 109 consists of the following components:
- PC running Windows and a G5 running MAC OS.
- audio amplifier that goes to the speakers in the room.
- Crestron "touch panel" for user selections
- DVD player
- Document camera
- If the system is off, touch the Crestron screen (not the NEC monitor) to wake up the system on and turn the projector on. (Note: You will see the bulb turn on in the back of the room long before the projector warms up enough to project an image on the screen in the front. Please be patient.)
- Touch Computer (which is at the top of the screen).
- Select the computer you wish by touching the picture (PC, Mac, or laptop)
- Touch Projector (which is at the bottom of the screen) to send the image to the projector.
- Be sure the NEC monitor is on so that you can see the display on both the monitor and on the screen.
- If you are using a laptop: There is a power strip on the podium near the monitor for power and a loose ethernet cable on the podium for network connectivity if you need it. (Be sure your laptop is registered with CIMS.) There is also a VGA cable available which should be plugged into the VGA output of your laptop.
- Use the Speech Volume slider (by touch) to adjust the volume on the microphone which is at the podium.
- Use the Program Volume slide (by touch) to adjust the volume for all else (PC, Mac, Video, DVD, etc).
When you are done:
- Log off the CIMSSAM system.
- Touch System Off which is at the lower left-hand side of the screen.
- Turn off the NEC monitor.
Send email to email@example.com for assistance.