Applications will be accepted starting February 1! Applicants who submit by the priority deadline of March 16 will receive notification by April 16. All other applications are due April 17, 2016.
For students who have already applied: Official school transcripts and letters of recommendation can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent to this address:
- NYU GSTEM is available to high school girls completing their junior years who believe they would perform well in a rich but rigorous environment.
- Outstanding applicants younger than junior year will be considered but preference will be given to juniors. Students who participate in the program demonstrate when they apply that they are ready for and committed to doing college-level work throughout the duration of the program.
- In order to participate, students must be available for all six weeks of the program.
- Only US Citizens are eligible to apply for this program.
- There is no on-campus housing available to GSTEM participants students. Students from outside the New York City metropolitan area who cannot easily commute to the program are discouraged from applying.
Admission is selective, and decisions are based on the strength of your high school academic work, your personal statement, and your recommendation. We strongly encourage students to apply as early as possible as there is limited space in the program. NYU admits students on a rolling basis. If you are considering participating in another NYU high school program, please note that only one program application may be submitted at one time.
To apply for NYU GSTEM, students must submit:
1. The online program application form
2. One recommendation from a teacher
3. An official copy of the latest high school transcript
- Official copies can only be provided by your school office. Transcripts must be signed and stamped by your school office.
- Make sure your transcript includes all coursework beginning with 9th grade. If you attended multiple institutions during high school, official copies must be obtained from all high schools attended.
- Be sure to include current year grades (i.e. mid-year grades) as part of your transcript or as a separate report. If your high school does not provide grades, you must supply written evaluations for all completed courses.
- Official transcripts may be mailed to:
Office of University Programs
665 Broadway, 11th Floor
New York, NY 10012
Applications will not be reviewed for admission until all documents are received.
Please note: The NYU GSTEM application is only used for the NYU GSTEM admissions process. Admission to and/or participation in this program does not guarantee admission to any of NYU’s schools or colleges. Students interested in applying to an undergraduate degree program must follow the application procedures set forth by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
Tuition and fees for the six-week NYU GSTEM program totals $2,750. This total covers all participant costs, including travel, meals, field trips, and program materials. Tuition is due six business days after acceptance into the program, and will be indicated on your bill.
Scholarship support may be available to qualified applicants. Interested students MUST mark on their application if they are interested in financial aid, and if admitted to the program, students will receive scholarship application information and instructions via email.