36th Annual Geometry Festival -- April 29-May 1, 2022 (new date!)
The 36th Annual Geometry Festival will be held online from the afternoon of Friday, April 29th to the morning of Sunday, May 1st, 2022. Everyone is invited to the Geometry Festival, and graduate students are especially encouraged to attend.
- Panagiota Daskalopoulos (Columbia University)
- Jingyin Huang (The Ohio State University)
- Wenshuai Jiang (Zhejiang University)
- Chao Li (Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences)
- Ciprian Manolescu (Stanford University)
- Assaf Naor (Princeton University)
- André Neves (University of Chicago)
- Lu Wang (Yale University)
- Ruobing Zhang (Princeton University)
All times are Eastern/NYC (UTC−04:00). Schedule is subject to change. Links will be sent out by email to registered participants.
Friday, April 29
- 4:00pm - 5:00pm: Ruobing Zhang: Metric geometry of Calabi–Yau manifolds in complex dimension two
- 5:15pm - 6:15pm: André Neves: Geodesics and minimal surfaces
Saturday, April 30
- 9:30am - 10:30am: Lu Wang: Hypersurfaces of low entropy are isotopically trivial
- 11:00am - 12:00pm: Assaf Naor: Extension, separation and isomorphic reverse isoperimetry
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm: Poster session
- 1:00pm - 2:00pm: Lunch
- 2:00pm - 3:00pm: Ciprian Manolescu: A knot Floer stable homotopy type
- 3:30pm - 4:30pm: Chao Li: The geometry and topology of scalar curvature in low dimensions
Sunday, May 1
- 9:30am - 10:30am: Wenshuai Jiang: Gromov–Hausdorff limit of manifolds and some applications
- 10:45am - 11:45am: Panagiota Daskalopoulos: Ancient solutions to geometric flows
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm: Jingyin Huang: The Helly geometry of some fundamental groups of complex hyperplane arrangement complements
Graduate students and early-career researchers are invited to apply to present short prerecorded talks. Links to the talks will be made available before the conference, and there will be a poster session on Saturday for attendees to watch the talks together and discuss them with the speakers. If you are interested in presenting a poster, please check the box on the registration form or contact the organizers. More information can be found here.
- 2022-04-26: Added posters to the Poster Session page
- 2022-04-20: Added abstracts
- 2022-04-12: Extended poster deadline
- 2022-03-18: Added schedule of talks.
- 2022-01-26: Changed date due to the postponement of the Joint Math Meetings.
- 2022-01-14: Added information on submitting a poster to the Posters page.
The 36th Annual Geometry Festival is organized by Sylvain Cappell, Jeff Cheeger, Bruce Kleiner, Chao Li, and Robert Young. Contact the organizers at email@example.com