- Undergraduate student Qiaoyu Yang (Reed College) joined
my research group for the summer of 2015.
Balboa Usabiaga joined my research group as a
postdoctoral research associate in September of 2014.
- Courant Instructor Bakytzhan
Kallemov joined my research group in September of
- Courant Ph.D. student Steven Delong
joined my research group in the Fall of 2011 and will
graduate in May of 2015, and join Google research. His Ph.D. thesis can
be found here.
- Courant Ph.D. student Yuan Xin
"Bill" Bao joined the group in Fall of 2013.
- Graduate student Yifei Sun joined the Courant Institute
in the Fall of 2013 after doing summer research in our
group in 2012 and 2013.
- Visiting junior scientist Jason Kay did summer research
in 2013 under joint supervision with Boyce Griffith, and
joined the Courant Institute in the Fall of 2014.
- UNED Physics Ph.D. student Jaime Arturo de la Torre
visited the Courant institute during the Fall of 2013.
collaborators and past GROUP
Kumar Bhattacharjee joined was a postdoctoral
research associate in my group from March 2013 to March
Cai was a Postoctoral Associate in my group summer
of 2012 - summer of 2013.
- Courant Ph.D. student Thomas Fai
worked with Professor Charles Peskin and joined our
research effort in fluctuating hydrodynamics for fluid
mixtures with the help of the DOE CSGF
program. He is now a postdoctoral
fellow at Harvard.
- I recently began a collaboration with Neelesh
Patankar at Northwestern University on a project
involving Brownian suspensions of rigid particles.
- I collaborate closely with Boyce Griffith
(previously at Courant and now at UNC) and his postdoc Amneet
Bhalla on several research projects involving his
- I collaborate closely with my colleague Eric Vanden-Eijnden
on issues in applied stochastic analysis applied to
- I also collaborate with Rafael
Delgado-Buscalioni (UAM, Madrid, Spain) and Pep
Español (UNED, Madrid, Spain) on a number of
projects involving fluctuating hydrodynamics of particle
- Research scientist Andy
Nonaka works with my collaborator John Bell at
the LBNL Center for
Computational Sciences and Engineering (CCSE), and
has recently joined our efforts to develop low Mach number
schemes for fluctuating hydrodynamics of fluid mixtures. Alejandro Garcia
(Physics, SJSU) is also a visiting member of CCSE and has
been a close collaborator for many years.