- Missouri State undergraduate Patrick Mooney is
doing research in the group during the Summer of 2016 as
part of the NYU
MRSEC REU program.
- Courant Instructor Blaise
Delmotte joined my research group in October
Balboa Usabiaga joined my research group as a
postdoctoral research associate in September of 2014.
- Courant Ph.D. student Yuan Xin
"Bill" Bao joined the group in Fall of 2013.
His Ph.D. research focuses on fluctuating boundary
integral methods and is co-supervised with Leslie
past GROUP members
- Courant Instructor Bakytzhan
Kallemov (now at LBL) was a member of my
research group from September of 2013 to Dec 2015.
- Undergraduate student Chiao-Yu Yang (now
attending Berkeley) did research in my group during the
summer of 2015.
- Courant Ph.D. student Steven Delong
(now at Google research) joined my research group in the
Fall of 2011 and graduated in May of 2015, and join Google
research. His Ph.D.
thesis can be found here.
Kumar Bhattacharjee was a postdoctoral
research associate in my group from March 2013 to March
- UNED Physics Ph.D. student Jaime Arturo de la
Torre visited the Courant institute during the
Fall of 2013.
- Visiting junior scientist Jason Kay did summer
research in 2013 under joint supervision with Boyce
Griffith, and joined the Courant Institute in the Fall of
Cai was a Postoctoral Associate in my group
from summer of 2012 to summer of 2013.
- Graduate student Yifei Sun joined the Courant
Institute in the Fall of 2013 after doing summer research
in our group in 2012 and 2013.
- Courant Ph.D. student Thomas Fai
(now a postdoctoral
fellow at Harvard) worked with Professor Charles
Peskin and joined our research effort in fluctuating
hydrodynamics for fluid mixtures with the help of the DOE CSGF
- I recently began a collaboration with Neelesh
Patankar at Northwestern University on a
project involving Brownian suspensions of rigid particles.
- I collaborate closely with Boyce Griffith
(previously at Courant and now at UNC) and his postdoc Amneet
Bhalla on several research projects involving
his code IBAMR.
- I collaborate closely with my colleague Eric
Vanden-Eijnden on issues in applied stochastic
analysis applied to fluctuating hydrodynamics.
- I also collaborate with Rafael
Delgado-Buscalioni (UAM, Madrid, Spain) and Pep
Español (UNED, Madrid, Spain) on a number of
projects involving fluctuating hydrodynamics of particle
- Research scientist Andy
Nonaka works with my collaborator John Bell
at the LBNL Center for
Computational Sciences and Engineering (CCSE), and
has recently joined our efforts to develop low Mach number
schemes for fluctuating hydrodynamics of fluid mixtures. Alejandro Garcia
(Physics, SJSU) is also a visiting member of CCSE and has
been a close collaborator for many years.