Courant Instructor at the Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences, New York University.
My main research interests are probability theory and mathematical physics, especially:
I received my PhD from ETH Zurich under the guidance of Prof. Dr. Alain-Sol Sznitman. From February 2018 to May 2020 I acted as coordinator of Assistant Group 3.
- Random walks and random interlacements
- Discrete Gaussian free field
Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences
New York University
Office: Warren Weaver Hall 1307
251 Mercer Street
New York, NY 10012
Phone: (+1) 212 998 3384
You can find my CV here.
Publications and Preprints
- M. Nitzschner and A.-S. Sznitman: Solidification of porous interfaces and disconnection
J. Eur. Math. Soc., 22, pp. 2629-2672, 2020.
- M. Nitzschner: Disconnection by level sets of the discrete Gaussian free field and entropic repulsion
Electron. J. Probab. 23 (105), pp. 1-21, 2018.
- A. Chiarini and M. Nitzschner: Entropic repulsion for the Gaussian free field conditioned on disconnection by level-sets
Probab. Theory Relat. Fields 177 (1-2), pp. 525-575, 2020.
- A. Chiarini and M. Nitzschner: Entropic repulsion for the occupation-time field of random interlacements conditioned on disconnection
Ann. Probab. 3 (48), pp. 1317-1351, 2020.
- A. Chiarini and M. Nitzschner: Disconnection and entropic repulsion for the harmonic
crystal with random conductances
Commun. Math. Phys. 386, pp. 1685-1745, 2021.