251 Mercer Street
New York, NY 10012, U.S.A.
Email: MyFirstName at cims.nyu.edu
I am a fifth-year PhD student in mathematics. I am interested in PDEs and numerical analysis arising in fluid dynamics in general. I am working with Prof. Fang-Hua Lin
on PDEs in classic and complex fluids, and flow-structure interaction problems. I am also working with Prof. Michael Shelley
on modeling and simulating active swimmers.
Before coming to NYU, I received B.S. in applied and computational mathematics in Peking University
in July 2013.
Here is my CV
Publications & Preprints
- Jiajun Tong and Michael J. Shelley, Directed migration of microscale swimmers by an array of shaped obstacles: modeling and shape optimization, arXiv preprint arXiv:1709.04449, 2017. Submitted.
- Zaihui Gan, Fang-Hua Lin and Jiajun Tong, On the Viscous Camassa-Holm Equations with Fractional Diffusion, arXiv preprint arXiv:1709.00774, 2017. Submitted.
- Fang-Hua Lin and Jiajun Tong, Solvability of the Stokes Immersed Boundary Problem in Two Dimensions, arXiv preprint arXiv:1703.03124, 2017. To appear in Comm. Pure Appl. Math.
- Megan S. Davies Wykes, Xiao Zhong, Jiajun Tong, Takuji Adachi, Yanpeng Liu, Leif Ristroph, Michael D. Ward, Michael J. Shelley, Jun Zhang. Guiding microscale swimmers using teardrop-shaped posts, Soft Matter (2017), 13, pp. 4681-4688. DOI: 10.1039/C7SM00203C. arXiv:1701.08410
- Kai Jiang, Jiajun Tong and Pingwen Zhang. Stability of Soft Quasicrystals in a Coupled-Mode Swift-Hohenberg Model
for Three-Component Systems. Commun. Comput. Phys. (2016), 19, pp. 559-581. DOI:10.4208/cicp.181014.130715a. arXiv:1509.01766
- Kai Jiang, Jiajun Tong, Pingwen Zhang, & An-Chang Shi. Stability of two-dimensional soft quasicrystals in systems with two length scales. Phys. Rev. E (2015), 92(4), 042159. arXiv:1505.07300
- (02/2018) Applied Mathematics Colloquium, Columbia University, New York, NY. link
- (01/2018) Geometry & Analysis Seminar, Columbia University, New York, NY. link
- (01/2018) Participating Analysis Seminar, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. link
- (11/2017) PDE Seminar, NYU-ECNU Institute of Mathematical Sciences at NYU Shanghai, Shanghai, China. link
- (10/2017) Mathematics Department Seminar, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China. link
- (10/2017) 2017 Fall Program on Analysis of PDE (Week 6), Shanghai Center for Mathematical Sciences, Fudan University, Shanghai, China. link
- (11/2016) 69th Annual Meeting of the APS Division of Fluid Dynamics, L25.03, Portland, OR. link