Current Position Courant Instructor, Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences,
This institute is part of New York University.
Warren Weaver Hall, Courant Institute,
251 Mercer Street,
New York, NY 10012,
United States of America.
I work on qualitative properties of solutions of nonlinear evolution equations: dynamics near solitons, self-similar solutions, singularity formation and long time asymptotics. My research aims at understanding the behaviour of solutions to certain parabolic equations, wave equations, and equations of fluid dynamics.
Short curriculum vitae
Teaching: Analysis, Spring 2019
Monday and Wednesday, 11:00-12:15 PM,
Courant Institute, 251 Mercer street, Room 312.
Preprints and Publications
- C. Collot, T.-E. Ghoul, N. Masmoudi, Unsteady separation for the inviscid two-dimensional system, preprint .
- C. Collot, A.-S. de Suzzoni, Stability of equilibria for a Hartree equation for random fields, arXiv:1811.03150 . submitted
- C. Collot, T.-E. Ghoul, S. Ibrahim, N. Masmoudi, On singularity formation for the two dimensional unsteady Prandtl's system, arXiv:1808.05967 . submitted
- C. Collot, T.-E. Ghoul, N. Masmoudi, Singularity formation for Burgers equation with transversal viscosity, arXiv:1803.07826 , submitted.
- C. Collot, F. Merle, P. Raphaël, On strongly anisotropic type II blow-up, arXiv:1709.04941, submitted.
- C. Collot, P. Raphaël, J. Szeftel, On the stability of type I blow up for the energy supercritical heat equation, arXiv:1605.07337, to appear in Mem. Amer. Math. Soc.
- C. Collot, F. Merle, P. Raphaël, Dynamics near the ground state for the energy critical nonlinear heat equation in large dimensions, arXiv:1604.08323, one part to appear in Comm. Math. Phys. and the other part to appear in C. R. Math. Acad. Sci. Paris.
- C. Collot, Non radial type II blow up for the energy supercritical semilinear heat equation, arXiv:1604.02856, to appear in Anal. PDE.
- C. Collot, Type II blow up manifolds for a supercritical semi-linear wave equation, arXiv:1407.4525, to appear in Mem. Amer. Math. Soc.
- The companion paper of the talk I gave on July 3, 2018, for the Laurent Schwartz seminar, entitled On self-similarity in singularities of the unsteady Prandtl's system and related problems.
- The companion paper of the talk A.-S. de Suzzoni gave for the Laurent Schwartz seminar, entitled Un resultat de diffusion pour l’equation de Hartree autour de solutions non localisees.
- The companion paper of the talk I gave at IHES on May 3, 2016, entitled On blow-up and dynamics near ground states for some semilinear equations.
- My PhD thesis that I defended in November 2016. Most of it is written in English, it contains an introduction to my research field, un résumé en français, and some long sketches of certain proofs appearing in my publications.