Linux OS Upgrade: Server Downtime
November 1, 2011
Linux upgrades continue on the server front. On Monday (11/07/2011), we expect to take the following servers offline while they are upgraded to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 (RHEL6):
- Euler Cluster (euler01-05.cims.nyu.edu)
The hosts will be offline starting at 1:00 P.M. and expected to be offline possibly till the next day.
We urge users to test any packages that are critical to their work and let us know if they encounter any problems as early as possible. All the other general Linux compute nodes have already been upgraded.
In the event that your software doesn't run on the RHEL6 platform, we have temporarily set up some RHEL5 systems as general compute servers (but let us know so we can help migrate it to RHEL6):
The upgrades are part of a four phase process that started several weeks ago. The current state of each phase is listed below:
- Phase 1 [COMPLETE] - Partial lab roll out and new servers
- Phase 2 [COMPLETE] - Remainder lab roll out and unattended desktops
- Phase 3 [COMPLETE] - Remainder desktop machines
- Phase 4 [INPROCESS] - Compute servers
See our compute servers page for a list of all available compute servers.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.