May 29, 2009
On Thursday (06/04/09) the CIMS Linux/Solaris machines (desktop as well as compute nodes) will have software updates applied during the day and evening.
The Linux machines will be rebooted as part of the process late that night. To avoid loss of data, please logout of any Linux systems for the night. We urge people to test any packages that are critical to their work and let us know if they encounter any problems before the updates occur. The the updates have already been made on several Linux machines in the computer labs.
The machines that have already been updated are:
- WWH229: pubbox1.cims.nyu.edu
- WWH229: pubbox10.cims.nyu.edu
- WWH229: pubbox16.cims.nyu.edu
- WWH229: pubbox26.cims.nyu.edu
- WWH229: pubbox33.cims.nyu.edu
- WWH229: pubbox34.cims.nyu.edu
- WWH229: pubbox41.cims.nyu.edu
- WWH229: pubbox45.cims.nyu.edu
- WWH229: pubbox46.cims.nyu.edu
Some significant software updates include (but are not limitted to):
- Matlab (test from any Linux machine by running 'matlab-next')
- Maple (test from any Linux machine by running 'xmaple-next')
- CUDA (test package available in /usr/local/pkg/cuda/next)
- Linux Kernel (automatic REBOOT)
A full list of all software updates for Linux and Solaris is available on the software updates page.