[Systems Critical] Linux reboots and updates

Critical CIMS systems related announcements systems_critical at cims.nyu.edu
Tue Jun 6 11:36:08 EDT 2017

   Linux reboots and updates

   Linux compute nodes and desktop machines will be rebooted on Thursday,
   June 8th for software and security updates. This includes both RHEL 6
   and CentOS 7 systems. Updates will be applied to machines between 7:00
   pm and midnight. In an effort to try and minimize any corrupted files
   or lost work, please save all your data and log out of any Linux
   systems before 7:00 pm.

   We will also be bringing down several compute nodes early to begin the
   process of converting them from Red Hat 6 to CentOS 7. The following
   machines will be shut down at 10:00 am on Thursday:

   crunchy1.cims.nyu.edu

   crunchy3.cims.nyu.edu

   crunchy4.cims.nyu.edu

   crunchy5.cims.nyu.edu

   crunchy6.cims.nyu.edu

   If you have any processes running on these hosts, please migrate them
   to [1]other servers before this time. We expect they will be back
   online by the end of the day on Thursday.

   Read online at:
   http://cims.nyu.edu/webapps/feed/systems/announcements/critical/

   ---
   NYU Courant Institute