[Systems Critical] Security/Software Updates (Linux reboots)

Critical CIMS systems related announcements systems_critical at cims.nyu.edu
Wed Jan 11 17:14:00 EST 2017

   Security/Software Updates (Linux reboots)

   Compute nodes and desktop machines running Linux will be rebooted
   on Thursday (January 12th).  This includes hosts running both CentOS 7
   and RHEL 6.  Updates will be applied to machines between 7:00pm and
   midnight. In an effort to try and minimize any corrupted files or lost
   work, please save all your data and logout of any Linux systems before
   7:00pm. We urge people to test any packages that are critical to their
   work and let us know if they encounter any problems before the updates
   occur.

   The following machines have the updates:

   We will provide a list of currently updated machines as they are
   applied for testing. Please contact helpdesk at cims.nyu.edu with any
   questions.

   Read online at:
   http://cims.nyu.edu/webapps/feed/systems/announcements/critical/