[Systems Critical] Security/Software Updates (Linux reboots)

Critical CIMS systems related announcements systems_critical at cims.nyu.edu
Wed Jan 11 17:14:00 EST 2017

   Security/Software Updates (Linux reboots)

   Compute nodes and desktop machines running Linux will be rebooted
   on Thursday (January 12th).  This includes hosts running both CentOS 7
   and RHEL 6.  Updates will be applied to machines between 7:00pm and
   midnight. In an effort to try and minimize any corrupted files or lost
   work, please save all your data and logout of any Linux systems before
   7:00pm. We urge people to test any packages that are critical to their
   work and let us know if they encounter any problems before the updates

   The following machines have the updates:

   We will provide a list of currently updated machines as they are
   applied for testing. Please contact helpdesk at cims.nyu.edu with any

   Read online at:

   NYU Courant Institute