[Systems Critical] Security/Software Updates (RHEL6 Linux reboots)

Critical CIMS systems related announcements systems_critical at cims.nyu.edu
Wed Nov 23 14:42:07 EST 2016

   Security/Software Updates (RHEL6 Linux reboots)

   Compute nodes and desktop machines running RHEL6 will be rebooted on
   Thursday (December 1st).  Hosts running CentOS 7 (our newer operating
   system) will not be rebooted.  Updates will be applied to machines
   between 7:00pm and midnight. In an effort to try and minimize any
   corrupted files or lost work, please save all your data and logout of
   any Linux systems before 7:00pm. We urge people to test any packages
   that are critical to their work and let us know if they encounter any
   problems before the updates occur.

   The following machines have the updates:

   pubbox27.cims.nyu.edu
   pubbox43.cims.nyu.edu
   pubbox44.cims.nyu.edu
   pubbox16.cims.nyu.edu
   pubbox46.cims.nyu.edu
   pubbox30.cims.nyu.edu
   pubbox10.cims.nyu.edu
   pubbox36.cims.nyu.edu
   pubbox41.cims.nyu.edu
   Special Note: The Broadway building is undergoing a power outage on
   Monday morning.  The hosts in that building that are affected by the
   power outage will receive these updates Monday morning when they come
   back online, and will NOT be rebooted on December 1st.

   Read online at:
   http://cims.nyu.edu/webapps/feed/systems/announcements/critical/

   ---
   NYU Courant Institute