[Systems Critical] Security/Software Updates (Linux reboots)

Critical CIMS systems related announcements systems_critical at cims.nyu.edu
Mon Feb 2 16:49:58 EST 2015

   Security/Software Updates (Linux reboots)

   Compute nodes and desktop machines WILL BE REBOOTED on Thursday
   (February 5th).  Updates will be applied to machines between 7:00pm and
   midnight. In an effort to try and minimize any corrupted files or lost
   work, please save all your data and logout of any Linux systems before
   7:00pm. Many of the updates will be made on Tuesday (February 3rd) on
   several Linux machines in the computer lab located in WWH 229. We urge
   people to test any packages that are critical to their work and let us
   know if they encounter any problems before the updates occur. We will
   update this page on that date with a list of the machines that have the

   Some significant software updates include (but are not limited to):

   Linux kernel (automatic reboot)

   Read online at:

   NYU Courant Institute