[Systems Critical] June 21-22 Planned Power Outage Update

Critical CIMS systems related announcements systems_critical at cims.nyu.edu
Sat Jun 15 09:53:44 EDT 2013

   June 21-22 Planned Power Outage Update

   The time-table for the electrical work-related power outage  in the
   Warren Weaver Hall data center (see original announcement below for
   details), planned for the weekend of June 22nd, is now set. While the
   outage is still projected to last up to about 24 hours, the shut down
   will begin earlier than originally expected.  We will begin the process
   of shutting down Courant's systems at 5 pm on the evening of Friday,
   June 21st, so users should plan to save all work and log out of Courant
   computers by that time. The electrical work should be  completed and
   normal services restored by late afternoon on Saturday, the 22nd.
   During the outage, Courant's primary computational resources and
   desktop computers will be unavailable. Network services throughout WWH,
   both wired and wireless, should remain operational, so users with
   laptops and computers independent of Courant servers should be able to
   work in their offices if they wish.

   Systems at 715/19 Broadway should not be affected except to the extent
   that they depend on Courant fileservers. While we encourage users not
   to try and work during the outage, we will use failover systems
   residing in the Broadway building to provide limited web and mail
   services and remote read-only access to user files. We will provide
   details regarding those services here by Wednesday, June 19th.

   Read online at:
   http://cims.nyu.edu/webapps/feed/systems/announcements/critical/

   ---
   NYU Courant Institute