[Systems Critical] Unschedule System Outages

Critical CIMS systems related announcements systems_critical at cims.nyu.edu
Fri Feb 15 17:45:38 EST 2013

   Unschedule System Outages

   Recently there have been numerous file server outages that have caused
   widespread system disruptions throughout Courant.  The disruptions tend
   to result in inability to log-on or a system becomes unresponsive for
   an extended amount of time.  Sometimes there are residual affects until
   you logout and back in again.  We want to assure everyone that we are
   working furiously on the problem.  We have been in communication with
   Oracle about the problem for several days and their engineering group
   is assisting with determining a solution.  We have been acquiring
   significant ammounts of diagnostic information during each of the
   outages and have been able to narrowed down the cause of the problem.
   We are currently taking steps to try and prevent it in the future.  We
   are also in the process of building out an alternative infastructure
   that we hope will circumvent the issue entirely.  In addition, we would
   like to ass! ure everyone that their data is completely intact and this
   issue does not compromise the integrity of data stored on the systems.

   We apologize for the disruptions and hope to have this problem worked
   out as soon as possible.

   If you have any questions please email helpdesk at cims.nyu.edu.

   Read online at:
   http://cims.nyu.edu/webapps/feed/systems/announcements/critical/