We are at Courant Institute, 251 Mercer St, New York, Phone: 212-992-7546
Largely speaking, we are interested in understanding molecular mechanisms of regulation
and mechanics of cell migration, mitosis and cell division and self-organization and assembly
principles of actin-microtubule-motor machines. We also work on how nuclei are positioned and
how their size is regulated.
Our major current projects are:
1. Motility of fish keratocyte cells (with Theriot and Keren labs).
2. Self-assembly, error correction and mechanics of mitotic spindle (with Khodjakov and Wadsworth labs).
3. Mechanisms of galvanotaxis (with Zhao lab).
4. Dynamics of protrusive and contractile actin networks in vitro (with Blanchoin/Thery/Paterski lab).
5. Positioning and size scaling of nuclei in multinucleated cells (with Baylies lab).
6. Mechanics and dynamics in microtubule-motor systems (with Gelfand lab).
7. Actin transport in motile cells (with Keren and Kashina labs).
8. Collective cell migration (with Rong Li lab).