Course Sections (Fall 2017)
- Section 1, Ernest Davis
- Section 3, Joanna Klukowska
- Section 5, Joanna Klukowska
- Section 7, Evan Korth
- Java features: abstract classes, interfaces, inheritance, polymorphism, generics, iterators, exception handling, file I/O
- Worst case asymptotic running time analysis
- Abstract data types
- Lists, stacks, queues
- Trees (binary and binary search trees)
- Sorting algortihms (merge sort, quicksort)
- Hashing and hash tables
- Priority Queues
- Other sorting algorithms
- Open DSA - online eBook
- Visualgo.net - visualising data structures and algorithms through animation
- Java Notes by Fred Swartz
- Think Java: How To Think Like a Computer Scientist by Chris Mayfield and Allen Downey
- Java, Java, Java: Object Oriented Problem Solving by Ralph Morelli and Ralph Walde
Tutors will be available throughout the semester in room 406 CIWW. Tutoring starts in the second week of classes and continues until the last week of classes (there is no tutoring available during the finals week).
The following calendar is updated on a regular basis to refelct any last minute changes to the regular schedule.To add this calendar to your own:
- Open your own google calendar.
- Next to "Other calendars" on the left, click the Down arrow .
- Select Add by URL.
- Enter the calendar's address in the field provided. The address needs to be an ICAL link: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/nyu.edu_e8cq8b0hj7kdb3hhmpqfujublk%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics
- Click Add Calendar.