I recently started as an assistant professor at the University of Maryland, College Park -- You can find my new website here!
I was a Cathleen Morawetz Postdoctoral Fellow and an NSF Postdoctoral Fellow
Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences,
New York University
My GnuPG public key id is: 69441DCC, which is available on public keyservers
Consider using public key encryption as a standard tool for secure communication; a useful utility for this is the Enigmail plugin for Thunderbird.
Working on a problem related to the stability of hurricanes...during hurricane Sandy...
Most of my work has been devoted to the mathematical analysis of PDEs or variational problems arising from fluid mechanics, solid mechanics, plasma physics or mathematical biology. The remainder of my work is in computational physics. Roughly speaking, it can be divided into one of four categories:
- Mixing and stability in fluids and plasmas;
- calculus of variations and energy-driven pattern formation;
- local and global theory for the Patlak-Keller-Segel (PKS) model and its variants;
- scientific computing with a focus on moving or irregular geometry and computational fluid dynamics (CFD)
- Jacob Bedrossian, Nader Masmoudi Existence, Uniqueness and Lipschitz Dependence for Patlak-Keller-Segel and Navier-Stokes in R2 with Measure-valued initial data, arXiv:1205.1551 2012. To appear in ARMA - Archive for Rational Mechanics and Analysis
- Jacob Bedrossian, Robert V. Kohn Blister patterns and energy minimization in compressed thin films on compliant substrates, arXiv:1304.0284 2013. To appear in CPAM - Communications in Pure and Applied Mathematics
- Jacob Bedrossian, Inwon Kim Global Existence and Finite Time Blow-Up for Critical Patlak-Keller-Segel Models with Inhomogeneous Diffusion, arXiv:1108.5301, 2012. To appear in SIMA - SIAM J. Math. Analysis
- Jonas Azzam, Jacob Bedrossian, Bounded Mean Oscillation and the Uniqueness of Active Scalar Equations, arXiv:1108.2735, 2011. To appear in Trans AMS - Transactions of the American Mathematical Society.
- Jacob Bedrossian, Nancy Rodriguez Inhomogeneous Patlak-Keller-Segel models and Aggregation Equations with Nonlinear Diffusion in R^d, arXiv:1108.5167, 2011. To appear in DCDS-A
- Jacob Bedrossian, Intermediate asymptotics for critical and supercritical aggregation equations and Patlak-Keller-Segel models arXiv:1009.6187, 2010. CMS - Communications in Mathematical Sciences
- Jacob Bedrossian, Global minimizers for free energies of subcritical aggregation equations with degenerate diffusion arXiv:1009.5370, 2010. AML - Applied Mathematics Letters
- Jacob Bedrossian, Nancy Rodriguez, Andrea Bertozzi, Local and Global Well-Posedness for Aggregation Equations and Patlak-Keller-Segel Models with Degenerate Diffusion, Nonlinearity, Vol. 24, No. 6 (2011)
- Jacob Bedrossian, James H. von Brecht, Siwei Zhu, Eftychios Sifakis, Joseph M. Teran, A virtual node method for Poisson interface problems in irregular domains , Journal of Computational Physics, Volume 229, Issue 18, Pages 6405-6426 (2010)
- Christophe Geuzaine, Jacob Bedrossian, Xavier Antoine, An Amplitude Formulation to Reduce the Pollution Error in the Finite Element Solution of Time-Harmonic Scattering Problems, IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 44, No. 4, 2008
Ph.D. UCLA 2011, jointly advised by Prof. Andrea Bertozzi and Prof. Joseph Teran.
M.S./B.S Case Western Reserve University 2007, M.S. advised by Prof. Christophe Geuzaine.
- Fall 2011, Calculus I
- Spring 2012 Honors Calculus II
- Fall 2012, Honors Calculus I
- Spring 2012, Honors Calculus II
- I was recently an academic mentor for the Institute for Pure and Applied Mathematics summer Research in Industrial Projects for Students (RIPS) program. Check out this link for more information.