Where: NYU Langone Medical Center Alumni Hall, Room B
In this session, you will learn how to solve computationally and data-intensive problems using multicore processors, GPUs, and computer clusters. We will introduce you to high-level programming constructs that allow you to parallelize MATLAB applications without CUDA or MPI programming and run them on multiple processors. We will also show you how to overcome the memory limits of your desktop computer and solve problems that require manipulating very large matrices by distributing your data.
- Toolboxes with built-in support for parallel computing
- Creating parallel applications to speed up independent task
- Programming with distributed arrays to work with large data sets
- Scaling up to computer clusters, grid environments, or clouds
- Tips on developing parallel algorithms