On Tuesday (01/18/2011) the CIMS Linux desktop machines will have software updates applied during the evening.
The machines WILL BE REBOOTED as part of the process. We urge people to test any packages that are critical to their work and let us know if they encounter any problems before the updates occur. The majority of the updates have already been made on several Linux machines in the computer labs.
The machines that have already been updated are:
- WWH229: pubbox1.cims.nyu.edu
- WWH229: pubbox10.cims.nyu.edu
- WWH229: pubbox16.cims.nyu.edu
- WWH229: pubbox26.cims.nyu.edu
- WWH229: pubbox33.cims.nyu.edu
- WWH229: pubbox34.cims.nyu.edu
- WWH229: pubbox41.cims.nyu.edu
- WWH229: pubbox45.cims.nyu.edu
- WWH229: pubbox46.cims.nyu.edu
Some significant software updates include (but are not limitted to):
- Kernel (automatic reboot)
A full list of all software updates for Linux and Solaris is available on the software updates page.