November 2, 2008
This Thursday (11/06/2008) the CIMS Linux machines (desktop as well as compute nodes) will be running software updates. The systems will NOT be rebooted as part of the process.
The updates have already been made on several linux machines in the computer labs. We urge people to test any packages that are critical to their work and let us know if they encounter any problems before the updates occur. The machines that have been updated are:
- WWH624: pubbox3.cims.nyu.edu (i386)
- WWH624: pubbox22.cims.nyu.edu (i386)
- WWH624: pubbox20.cims.nyu.edu (x86_64)
- WWH624: pubbox23.cims.nyu.edu (x86_64)
- WWH624: pubbox25.cims.nyu.edu (x86_64)
Some significant software updates include (but are not limitted to):
- Linux kernel
Several packages have already been updated on solaris and linux machines. A full list of all software updates for linux and solaris is available on the update page.