February 20, 2008
- Desktop Computing
- Computer Labs
- Compute Servers
- Scanners, Copiers, Burning and Sending Faxes
- Classroom Facilities
- Frequently Asked Questions
All linux systems (desktop and compute nodes) running RedHat Enterprise Linux 5 WILL BE REBOOTED as part of the process. In an effort to try and minimize any corrupted files or lost work, please save all your data and logout of any RHEL5 systems when you leave for the night. The updates are scheduled to go out between 11pm and 4am tonight.
The updates have already been made on several linux machines in the computer labs. The computers in WWH502 (i386 machines) and WWH624 (x86_64 machines) are available for testing. We urge people to test any packages that are critical to their work and let us know if they encounter any problems.
- WWH502: pubbox1.cims.nyu.edu (i386)
- WWH502: pubbox3.cims.nyu.edu (i386)
- WWH502: pubbox10.cims.nyu.edu (i386)
- WWH502: pubbox22.cims.nyu.edu (i386)
- WWH624: pubbox4.cims.nyu.edu (x86_64)
- WWH624: pubbox18.cims.nyu.edu (x86_64)
- WWH624: pubbox20.cims.nyu.edu (x86_64)
- WWH624: pubbox23.cims.nyu.edu (x86_64)
Notable software updates/installs for linux include the following:
A full list of software updates for linux and solaris is available on the update page.