Software Security Updates
September 3, 2009
- Desktop Computing
- Computer Labs
- Compute Servers
- Scanners, Copiers, Burning and Sending Faxes
- Classroom Facilities
- Frequently Asked Questions
Tonight the CIMS Linux machines (desktop as well as compute nodes) will have software security updates applied in the evening.
The Linux machines will be rebooted as part of the process late tonight. To avoid loss of data, please logout of any Linux systems for the night. We urge people to test any packages that are critical to their work and let us know if they encounter any problems before the updates occur. The the updates have already been made on several Linux machines in the computer labs.
The machines that have already been updated are:
- WWH229: pubbox1.cims.nyu.edu
- WWH229: pubbox10.cims.nyu.edu
- WWH229: pubbox16.cims.nyu.edu
- WWH229: pubbox26.cims.nyu.edu
- WWH229: pubbox33.cims.nyu.edu
- WWH229: pubbox34.cims.nyu.edu
- WWH229: pubbox41.cims.nyu.edu
- WWH229: pubbox45.cims.nyu.edu
- WWH229: pubbox46.cims.nyu.edu
Some significant software updates include (but are not limitted to):
- Linux Kernel (automatic REBOOT)
A full list of all software updates for Linux and Solaris is available on the software updates page. Email email@example.com for any questions in regards to these updates.