Kaffee und Kuchen!
Ed•win P. Ger•ber
|ĕd’wĭn pē gûr’bûr|
1. Climate scientist,
currently an Associate Professor in the Center for Atmosphere Ocean
Science and Mathematics at New York
Institute of Mathematical Sciences, and an Associate Editor for
the Quarterly Journal of the Royal Meteorological Society.
2. Cyclist, harmonica player, fledgling cook, outdoors enthusiast trying out the city life, adventurer, day dreamer, and concerned citizen.
3. Son, brother, husband, and father.
DERIVATIVES Ed Gerber, Eddie (dated)
ORIGIN Forename from my grandfather Edwin Rosenthaler (1921-1963), who was named after his grandfather, Edwin Howe (1868-?). P for Paul, also the middle name of my father. Surname traced as far back as my great-great-great-grandfather Abraham Gerber (?-1919), originally from Holland. His son Abel (1867-1931) had immigrated to Grand Rapids, MI by 1889.
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- The Coupled Model Intercomparison Project, Phase 6 (CMIP6) is taking shape:
- February 2016
- January 2016
. See also the supplementary figures.
- Start spreading the news . . . I'm back in New York, New York after a wonderful sabbatical in Berlin!
- More on CMIP6 (the Coupled Model Intercomparison
Project, Phase 6):
- Congratulations to Dr. Xichen Li on a successful
thesis defense, and for nabbing a postdoctoral
fellowship at the Scripps Institution of Oceanography!
- Times are a changin' in my group! First, Naftali Cohen is
now a postdoctoral research scientist at Yale
University with Bill
- Second, my tenure docket has been approved. I'm
excited to be a permanent member of the Courant
- Congratulations to Dr. Naftali Cohen on a
successfull PhD defense, 13 November 2013!