Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences
New York University
251 Mercer Street
New York, NY 10012
Fourth year Ph.D. student
About me I went to Reed College where I got a BA in Mathematics, and wrote a research thesis with David Perkinson. I am from Bucharest, Romania.
1. Florescu, L., Peres, Y. Optimal control for diffusions on graphs, 2015, in preparation. Abstract
2. Florescu, L., Will Perkins. Spectral thresholds in the bipartite stochastic block model, COLT 2016. Abstract
3. Florescu, L., Levine, L. , Peres, Y. The range of a rotor walk , 2014, to appear in American Mathematical Monthly. Abstract
4. Florescu, L., Ganguly, S. , Levine, L. , Peres, Y. Escape rates for rotor walk in Z^d , SIAM Journal on Discrete Mathematics (2014) 28(1):323--334 Abstract
5. Florescu, L., Ganguly, S. , Peres, Y. and Spencer, J. ,. Heat diffusion with frozen boundary , J Statistical Physics, 2015. Abstract
6. Florescu, L., Morar, D., Perkinson, D., Salter, N., Xu, T. Dominos and sandpiles , Electronic Journal of Combinatorics, 22(1), 2015. Abstract
Rotor Router walks
Joel Spencer with Laura Florescu, Asymptopia , AMS Student Mathematical Library, 2014.
Here are Chapter 0 on primes and Chapter 1 on Stirling's formula .